01 February, 2010

01/02/2010 (Rosie): MIniature MIttens

Today was... a day of trial and error. I learned, for example, that it is important to make sure you do a test swatch before you cover your hair with henna-indigo dye. It is also important to cover your entire head, or you may end up with only the front looking vaguely darker and slightly greeny-blue. And you should wear gloves during the entire process, or your left hand may take on a sickly blue tint. Yup, I tried to dye my own hair, and while it wasn't a total failure: my hair colour did change and it isn't TERRIBLE, it wasn't exactly a success.

Oh, and since my mother has been on a mitten knitting kick, I have been getting more and more bored of the simple mittens on the table photos, so today:
These mittens are absolutely tiny, destined for the 2 1/2 year old daughter of some family friends.

~Rosie

No comments:

Post a Comment