07 January, 2010

07/02/2010 (Rosie): The Climb to Uncertainty

After Findlay's amazing photos of a book on fire, I thought that maybe I should step up my game a bit and go for something more than a quick picture of my back pack. So at lunch today I set out, camera in hand, in search of something interesting and vaguely artistic to photograph.

I have been toying with the idea of stairs for a while, ever since Amelia of Ambiguous Alliterative Abomination posted this series of photos. I thought about it, considered locations, colours, ect, for ages. Then today I took this picture:

I don't know why I decided to take a picture of these secluded stairs that lead to the english wing of my school, but I did. Then when I imported them on to the computer, it seemed natural to up the exposure. When I was looking at the finished picture, I figured it all out.

This picture pretty much embodies what I feel about life, and especially school right now. I'm always climbing, always working harder, putting in more effort, achieving more, but I don't know why. I can't figure out what it's all leading to. I don't know why I'm spending years of my life working towards a diploma, but to what end?

~Rosie

No comments:

Post a Comment