23 January, 2010

23/01/2010 (Rosie): Too "Right"

Do you ever have days were something comes out technically right, but you still feel like something is missing? I was having one of those days when I looked at the pictures I had taken. The white balance was spot on, the exposure was good, the framing was fairly good, they weren't blurry, there wasn't any camera shake, no grainy-ness. And yet, when I looked at them, I felt... emotionally unattached. They didn't have a personality, they were a list of boxes that were ticked instead of a creative process.

Which is why I am sharing this photo:


I had to bring the exposure up on the computer to show the inside of the culvert thing-y, but that made the metal in the sun too bright. A bit later, while working on a photo for my other blog, I figured out how to up the exposure on only a part of the photo. When I came back to this one, I realized I didn't want to "fix" it.

I think there may be a deeper meaning behind this, but since I'm not entirely sure about it, I'm just gonna leave it here.

~Rosie

No comments:

Post a Comment